Is blogging dead?

Leave a Comment
A bit of a controversial topic today, the big question, is blogging dead?

I originally started blogging about 5 years ago and I wish I'd kept it up, with this blog it's been almost a year and I've learnt a lot in that time. I now know that I have to link my social media accounts and keep them active, I know it's not all about the followers but for some people and companies, it is if you want to get 'anywhere' in the blogging world. 
Of course, there are established bloggers, 5/6/7+ years into their blogs, can you blame them, though, they post every day, their content is beyond fabulous and they seem genuine enough to want to be their best friend, but what about us little guys. The people who only have a few posts or who have been pushing hard every day just like the big ones but still aren't getting anywhere. 

What do we do? You try and contact a bigger blogger now and you get nothing, I appreciate that they're busy and they have thousands of people trying to speak to them everyday but does that make me any less of a person on the internet because I don't have thousands of followers or views on my posts, no, it doesn't.
I blog because I want to, I blog because I love to write and take photos, I love the small following I do have on social media who interact with me and who take the time to share my posts. Some people start blogging because it is a job now, if you can make it into a full-time career then, by all means, go for it but that doesn't come without hard work and all of your time going into your blog.

So what am I trying to get at here?
I don't think that blogging is dead but I do think it is a lot harder to get up to the point that the more established bloggers are, it'll take a few more years than you may have thought because there are already people at the top, you're a few steps behind them. If you want something you have to go out and get it, now I'm sure this isn't new information to you but YOU are the only person in your own way when it comes to success and what you want from life.
If you want to be the best chef, blogger, runner, makeup artist, tea maker, whatever else, you go and get it, stop making excuses and cheer yourself on to reach your goals and aspirations. 

Of course, my dog, Lancelot, wanted to get in on the act, cute!
I just felt like talking a bit about what was going on in my head today, your opinions would be much appreciated on this topic too, feel free to leave a comment or drop me an email.

Thanks for popping in, 
Hannah :) xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home
CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig